Cheesy Pumpkins on my buffet table (middle platter)
A real quick and easy recipe you can serve at your Halloween party this year, is cheesy pumpkins. I got this recipe about 10 years ago from one of those small recipe books by Betty Crocker by the cash register at the grocery store.
Anyway, I serve these every year during the fall and through Thanksgiving for different events I host or for potluck meals we attend. The guests always love them and they work for kids or adults Halloween parties. Who doesn’t love cheese?
Ingredients for Cheesy Pumpkins
- 1 — 8 oz container of Cheddar Cheese Cold Pack (Smoky, Sharp or whatever flavor you prefer)
- Walnuts or Peanuts, finely chopped
- Fresh Parsley
- Mini Pretzel Sticks
Instructions for Making Cheesy Pumpkins
1. I line a cookie sheet with wax paper and then, using a tablespoon from my flatware set, dip some of the cheese out of the container. I make a ball shape out of the cheese with my hands and then place it on the cookie sheet.
2. When I have made all the cheesy balls I need, I place them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. This makes the next steps much easier.
4. I use my kitchen shears and cut one leaf from the fresh parsley for each cheese ball. Make sure you leave some of the stem as well.
5. Take the cheese balls from the refrigerator. Using a toothpick, draw a line from the top of the ball to the bottom of the ball to resemble a pumpkin. Dip bottom of cheesy pumpkin in nuts.
6. Now take a mini pretzel stick and break off a small piece. Place one parsley leaf and stem on the center, top of a cheese ball. Push the pretzel stick down part way on the stem of the parsley and into the cheese. This makes the pumpkin stem and leaf. Place your completely pumpkin on your intended serving platter.
7. Do this for the rest of your cheese balls. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You are finished! You now have a delicious cheesy pumpkin for your Halloween party guests!